Screenplays and writing tools--MacDV Digest #2161

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Mon May 12 13:30:26 PDT 2003

> From: "Macintosh Digital Video List" <MacDV at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 08:01:50 -0700
> To: "Macintosh Digital Video List" <MacDV at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Subject: MacDV Digest #2161

> Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 10:49:06 -0400
> Subject: [MacDV] Re: Format... long reply
> From: Matthew Guemple <mo.og at verizon.net>
>
> Chris:

(snip)

> All of  my friends who write screenplays say the "software" is a waste of
> money. Just set the format up in Word, - you can probably find one on
> the web - and get a decent book that tells you what page which plot
> point should happen and then start writing.

Having a tool that makes life easier/faster/more productive

You might want to look at Screenwriter (also known as Movie Magic 2000 on
the PC).

I've used it on a number of projects, and find it makes the job easier to
do, via various automatic formatting options.  A lot of what you see on
prime time television and the big screen is written using this software, or
something similar.

I think the company has demos available.  Check them out and then decide.

http://www.screenplay.com/products/mmscreenwriter/index.html

Do a sherlock search on Movie Magic 2000 to turn up more script formatting
software, and places that sell the software.

Hope this helps.

Ted.