[MacDV] recording audio in imovie 3

Randy Wilson WilsonR at fonix.com
Mon May 12 13:14:11 PDT 2003

Perhaps the disk is fragmented such that the second time you
recorded it, it had to try to write it to the same spot on disk,
perhaps at the same time as complicated things were going on
in your movie that it was trying to display on the screen while
you recorded.

It might be best to use another application to record sound
clips off of cassette, and then import the sound clip from
disk into your movie.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good, free (or cheap)
audio recording program for OS X?

There was "Amadeus" that sort of worked.  I have used
"Deck LE" under OS 9 (came with my USB audio device).
I haven't yet gotten a decent sound capture program
for OS X.

--Randy Wilson

>>> normdlamoureux at yahoo.com 05/11/03 09:25PM >>>
Hello, Can anyone offer an explanation as to why the
following happened?
While recording a cassette tape through an imic into
imovie3 i got this message about 9 min 30 sec's into
recording

           "The disk responded slowly. It may have
been interrupted by something, or it may not be fast
enough for your movie. If you have a lot of audio
clips, you might try muting the audio tracks to see if
it helps playback speed."

I tried recording again from the start and at exactly
the same spot the message came up again. I then
started another track where that one left off and
started recording again. Then at about 19 min's in the
thing just locked up on me. No message's, No nothing.
Any suggestion's would be appreciated.

Thank's
Norm L.

http://search.yahoo.com

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the
digest version.

 XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only
$879!