Mini-DV deck--MacDV Digest #2160

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Mon May 12 12:56:27 PDT 2003

A Sony DSR-11 will do what you want.

It takes both large and small (Mini) DV and DVCam tapes, records and plays
DV and DVCam formats.

It has RCA video and stereo audio inputs and outputs, and a "monitor" output
that puts the tape timecode and other data on-screen.

You'll find them from, say $1,600 to $2,000 or so, depending on vendor, and
whether it is a new machine or Sony "B" Stock.

B stock is generally a new item that's been opened and used briefly by the
manufacturer (say at a trade show) and then offered for sale through
dealers.  CHECK with the dealer to verify what "B" stock may mean in any
given situation.

Ted.