Photo-Paint/PSD

Mark Petrie mpetrie8 at comcast.net
Tue May 13 16:27:16 PDT 2003

> I can't seem to get FCP to open the PSD files that I
>> export...the files show up in the Import navigation window with the file
>> extension .psd and "Photoshop document" as the description in the "Kind"
>> column  (I export to the Capture Scratch folder for the project) along
>> with
>> a preview, but when I click "Open", I get this error message: File
>> Error:
>> Unknown file...however, Quicktime recognizes them as I have successfully
>> opened them in Picture Viewer and Quicktime Player where they are
>> defined in
>> Movie Properties as Photoshop documents.
>> Anyone else using Photo-Paint or have any suggestions as to what I may
>> be
>> doing wrong? I appreciate any help.
>> Thanks...Mark
>
> Just "Import" the psd.'s instead of planning so far ahead. Looks good on
> paper but skips a step. Import.
> Jim

Thanks for responding Jim....but the crux of the problem is that FCP is
telling me the .psd I'm trying to Import is an "unknown file"...since I'm
creating it in Corel Photo-Paint (then "saving as" or "exporting" as Adobe
Photoshop) I'm wondering if there is a problem with Photo-Paint not really
formatting the file correctly or what.....it adds the .psd extension, and
the file does show up in the FCP "Import" navigation window (the other
Photo-Paint documents (.cpt) in the same folder don't), but FCP won't open
it...I'm wondering if anyone else has tried to create PSD files in
Photo-Paint and have had the same problem, or, even had the same problem
with real PSD (actually created in Photoshop) files not opening.

Thx again...MP