Blair Witch -- so sucked!!

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue May 20 00:18:39 PDT 2003

> From: czayachkowski at shaw.ca
>
> I just like finally saw the first Blair Witch... what was the big deal?
> Boy, was that a piece of crap! Sorry, but ti was really lousy and not a
> good example of good Filmmaking. I think we could've all done better.
> Don't you think??

You completely missed the point of the film.

(spoilers for Blair Witch follow, not that they are really necessary,
but as a courtesy to the list)

If you know that the "documentary" is not real, then you will not "get"
the idea of the movie. The point is to fool you into thinking it is a
real documentary, and so naturally it is shot badly, lighting sound etc
ON PURPOSE.

When the film opened, people thought it was a *real* found footage of
some missing kids. That gave it an incredibly creepy edge (that plus
the fact that most of the "horror" was never shown, forcing you to use
your imagination). It was EXTREMELY effective until the "fake"ness of
it became widely known, then it loses all its power.

_Chas_

Atheist having orgasm: "Ooo chemical chance! Chemical CHANCE!!"
- Bill Hicks