OT: InDesign

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Wed May 21 10:26:07 PDT 2003

I apologize for any irritability. It's just that I'm trying to focus entirely on video and film production and going into other areas like print distracts from that. If I can see how it relates to production I don't mind seeing the topic go off in another direction, but it seemed like the talk was totally about In Design without any mention on how it would relate to doing a video production.

Another factor for me, and out of your control, is that working in a pre-press/printing establishment is what I do for my "day" job (actually night) and the merits of Quark vs. In Design vs. PageMaker is the last thing I want to be reading about. They all have things that cause us fits at the printing end of things and I'd just as soon not be thinking about work. This kind of work is what I'm trying to get away from. So please, please talk about this stuff in the context of making and distributing video projects. There's enough words to sift through already. Thanks.

original thread:

"
> Not to sound cranky or anything, but unless we're talking about
designing
> video packaging, why are we talking about page layout software? This is
the
> MacDV (digital video) list. I think other lists exist for desktop
publishing.

Here's a good reason:  Some listees have more than one interest, and
because
of that no time to subscribe to a million lists, so if a little cross
current pollinates some education in other fields, good by me.
Respectfully
speaking...for myself..."