OT: InDesign

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed May 21 14:07:29 PDT 2003

> From: Matthew Guemple <mo.og at verizon.net>
>
> I'm in the same boat, but found out that they actually built a default
> Quark Keystroke thing into it as well. You can set those prefs and all
> of the old Quark keys like option/apple/D duplicates intstead of the
> one ID has built in.
>
> Just being able to switch to those when I need to crank, really
> increased my ease of use...

I almost CRIED when I first saw that preference (back when 2.0 was
finally released). Bang zoom, my productivity on ID doubled, and now I
*look* for excuses to use ID instead of Quark 5/Classic (which,
contrary to popular opinion, runs just fine and lightning fast in
Classic!).

I've seen the beta of Q6, and except for one new feature I will call
"multiple-layout sheets" I don't seen anything all that compelling
about it (over it's usual good features) other than the fact that it's
X-native (finally!). If Quark wants to keep their audience, they'll
have to price this upgrade at less than $300, or a lot of shops are
going to finally make the big switch.

_Chas_

"You, on the other hand, need to go back to
i_own_a_pc_and_all_i_do_is_play_games_and_steal_from_kazza
_and_wait_for_crappy_mac_knockoffs_to_come_to_windows.com."
-- great putdown seen on MacNN forums