[MacDV] iMovie 3 export stutters to camera...

Juan Mariscal juanm at mac.com
Sat May 24 06:25:11 PDT 2003

bottom line: Use iMovie 2

I don't think a G3 is up to handling iMovie 3.

I think my G4 iMac 800Mhz machine is barely able to do it. It
"unexpectedly quits" quite often. In fact these are usually EXPECTED
QUITS. Anytime I make ANY change I always save it. iMovie 3 is just
plain unstable (and very very slow).

I have 768Mb of RAM but I think I should have 2x that but I can't.

I have finally decided that iMovie 3 is a great program with great
features. unfortunately it STILL is not ready for prime time. It
requires lots of memory, a hard drive that is fast and clean. I read
somewhere that someone recommended that you should have a hard drive
that is dedicated to video editing and once you finish something you
should wipe it clean and start with a fresh hard drive for the next
project. I think that is a great recommendation and may also be part of
your problem. Your hard drive is fragmented.

Just some thoughts.

Juan