problem clips

Ray Zimmerman rz10 at cornell.edu
Mon May 26 17:37:39 PDT 2003

I'm having a problem with some video clips imported from my Sony
Digital8 camera using iMovie 3.0.2.

I first noticed the problem when trying to burn a DVD using iDVD. It
would stop part way through the encoding and spit out the disc. Then
I discovered that some of the clips were corrupted in some way that
doesn't allow them to play all the way through. In fact, I can't even
successfully copy those particular files between my external Firewire
drive and the internal drive on my SuperDrive TiBook. I've
experienced this when importing to my external Firewire drive and to
my internal drive (with the Firewire drive disconnected).

Any pointers on what might be causing this?

Bug in iMovie 3?
FireWire issue?
Dirty tape head in the camera?

--
  Ray Zimmerman  / e-mail: rz10 at cornell.edu / 428-B Phillips Hall
   Sr Research  /   phone: (607) 255-9645  /  Cornell University