internal drives

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue May 27 12:40:45 PDT 2003

> From: "Eric Phillips" <PHILLIE at wyeth.com>
>
> I am helping a friend upgrade his G3 to do video work. He is looking
> for
> an internal IDE drive. Anyone have a line on any good deals out there?

At the moment, CompUSA has a special (through May 31) on Maxtor Ultra
160GB (7200rpm, 8mb cache, by all reports and excellent drive) for
$169.99. There's a $70 mail-in rebate available, which if the gods
smile on you and you actually receive it (ha!), knocks the price down
to $99.99.

Even the $170 is a very good deal, so for me the mail-in rebate (damn
Congress should really do something about those) is just icing on the
cake. I haven't seen a cheaper price-per-GB around.

For future reference, dealmac.com is a great place to look for stuff
like this.

_Chas_

"[Commercial] radio is absolutely the enemy of music. They  are my
sworn and mortal enemy, and I will have nothing to do with them." -
Elvis Costello, March 2003