bright faces

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Fri May 30 07:22:55 PDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003 11:46:45 +1200, Neville Thomas
<nevillet at clear.net.nz> wrote:

>On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 09:28  AM, RichGB wrote:
>
>>>  Maybe, but on most consumer-level cameras (which is what the OP was
>>>  talking about using) the two are one and the same thing.
>
>I disagree (somewhat).
>
>My Sony TRV 110E (Digital 8) (not new, was about US$1000) has "Auto
>Colour Temperature" (White Balance)  which is actually is quite
>effective, in addition to a range of Exposure Controls.
>
>Neville Thomas in Auckland NZ

My Canon ZR 40 (miniDV, ~US$500) has White Balance adjustment. You
can select  indoor or outdoor, or you can set it using the classic
white-card method.

It has auto-exposure, but the operator can shift the auto-exposure
+/- using a thumbwheel to increase or decrease the exposure from the
automatic level.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>