AVI

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat May 31 02:14:47 PDT 2003

> From: "R. A. Cantrell" <racan at flash.net>
>
> From way behind the curve: what do I need to  do to get an .avi file
> to play
> in QuickTime Pro 5?

In OS 9, lots of things: many Intel codecs (which must be tracked down
and installed separately), and still no guarantees

In OS X, between MPlayer X and VLC I haven't come across much that
won't play. Even in those cases, a little conversion work using ffmpegX
or something like it usually solves the problem.

_Chas_

"To use the Mac is to be confronted, over and over, with the idea that
the most mundane task can be done artfully and compassionately,
beautifully and invitingly. " -- Glenn McDonald