[MacDV] Re: dvd to vcd question

Jim Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sat May 31 09:25:39 PDT 2003

On Saturday, May 31, 2003, at 11:59  AM, Donna B wrote:

> on 5/31/03 11:04 AM, K. at kochkodin at earthlink.net scripsit:
>

>> With a (+) machine...No finalizeee...no playee...
>> Mike K
>> (apologies to the ...No Tickee,,,,,,,No Washee)
>>
> The question I have, is there any way to tell from the media itself if
> its +
It should say right on it DVD+R or DVD-R or DVD+RW  or DVD-RW

> - etc?
>
> I am also given to understand my iMac won't play a + disc. The iMac
> plays it
> but the dvd players don't.

A properly made  DVD+R disc will play on a mac. It might suck but it
will show.
The fact that the menu doesn't come uip the first tin=me you press play
(or stop and press play) indicates something  maybe a finalization prob
I'm not sure.
Jm

> Donna
> --
> C'mere ya big blond beauty - Starsky to Hutch
> Well, we have each other... - Illya Kuryakin to Napoleon Solo
> So you and me are a mobile ghetto eh? - Bodie to Doyle
>
> "Sure, he looks good naked and handcuffed with his underwear down
> around his
> ankles, but who doesn't?"
>
> blktauna at shawstudios.com
> http://girlsguidetohkmovies.com - The Girls Guide to Hong Kong Movies(c)
> http://www.chow-sing-chi.com - Stephen Chow Sing Chi
> http://www.blacktauna.com/slash - Tauna's Slash Den
> *

> digest version.

Let's roll for freedom. Let's roll for love. Goin' after Satan on the
wings of a dove. Let's roll for justice. Let's roll for truth. Let's not
let our children grow up fearful in their youth. Time is runnin' out.
Let's roll.
   Neil Young.