[MacDV] Re: dvd to vcd question

Donna B blktauna at shawstudios.com
Sat May 31 10:02:37 PDT 2003

on 5/31/03 12:25 PM, Jim Asherman at jimash at optonline.net scripsit:

>> The question I have, is there any way to tell from the media itself if
>> its +
> It should say right on it DVD+R or DVD-R or DVD+RW  or DVD-RW

There are serial #s on the discs but nowhere is there a + or -

>> I am also given to understand my iMac won't play a + disc. The iMac
>> plays it
>> but the dvd players don't.
>
> A properly made  DVD+R disc will play on a mac. It might suck but it
> will show.
> The fact that the menu doesn't come uip the first tin=me you press play
> (or stop and press play) indicates something  maybe a finalization prob
> I'm not sure.
> Jm
Which is why I  want to get the video off of it and onto something that I
can finish correctly.

Thanks,
Donna

C'mere ya big blond beauty - Starsky to Hutch
Well, we have each other... - Illya Kuryakin to Napoleon Solo
So you and me are a mobile ghetto eh? - Bodie to Doyle

"Sure, he looks good naked and handcuffed with his underwear down around his
ankles, but who doesn't?"

blktauna at shawstudios.com
http://girlsguidetohkmovies.com - The Girls Guide to Hong Kong Movies(c)
http://www.chow-sing-chi.com - Stephen Chow Sing Chi