What video file types will iMovie import?

sb videovideo at mac.com
Tue Nov 4 15:18:08 PST 2003

It's still DV tape, it's just a 2 hour (121 minute) Panasonic DVCPro
cassette, not Sony. Most higher end Sony machines that take large size
cassettes can play DVCPro tapes. So you need to find someone who has a
pannie deck or compatible Sony deck and can dub it to miniDV tape for you.

In my experience, imovie will import almost any QT compatible digital file,
as long as it's under 2 GB. Your 2 hour tape will be almost 25 GB, so you
probably want to get it dubbed to miniDV and then capture using a camcorder.

 sb