[MacDV] OT: Formatting an MS DOS disk in Jaguar

Filipp Lepalaan filipp at mac.ee
Fri Nov 14 12:04:28 PST 2003

Hi
I've messed with this topic quite alot
and have come to the conclusion that there's
no way to make a PC-readable FAT (DOS) disk
under OS X. So format on PC so both can read/write.

The same applies to harddrives, if You want to have,
for example a FireWire drive that's readable on both
PC and Mac, format it on the PC (FAT32), or use Lacie's
Silverlining (OS 9 only) on the Mac.

Haven't tried it on X.3 yet.

Regards,
Filipp