s-video to DVD-r

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Sun Nov 30 11:04:34 PST 2003

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 16:17:24 -0600, Bruce Williams
<brucewll at comcast.net> wrote:

>I'd like a recommendation or two concerning importing video from S-vhs
>tape into a Mac G4 system. What is needed since the signal comes via
>composite video (or S cable) instead of Firewire?
>
>We want to edit footage using iMovie3 & then burn the final copy to disc
>using Toast 6 (or iDVD if that's better).
>
>Thanks ahead listers,
>
>Bruce

If you have access to a camcorder with playthrough (analog-to-digital
conversion) capability, like my Canon ZR 40, for example, you can use
that. Just connect the output of the VCR to the camcorder input (my
ZR 40 has both composite and S-Video inputs), connect the FireWire
cable from the camcorder to the Mac, configure the appropriate
settings in the camcorder, and you're all set.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>