Failed DVD using iDVD 3.0.1

Doug Mitchell bogeyman at golden.net
Thu Oct 2 05:57:11 PDT 2003

I have just tried to create my first DVD using an iMovie production of
just under 1 hour.  I was able to preview the project without any
problem.  I then tried to burn the DVD using a blank Apple DVD-R which
came with my G4 dual 1Ghz system.  When the progress bar came up and
told me that the process would take 174 minutes I went for supper.
Upon my return there was an error message on the screen indicating that
there was a problem with some sound file.  Unfortunately, I did not
write down the exact message.  There was no progress bar on the screen
when this happened.  I clicked on the button with the error message and
I was returned to my desktop.  The blank DVD is unreadable but
according to iDVD it does not have enough room to record my project.  I
assume the DVD is toast.  I used the latest versions of iMovie and IDVD
to create the project.  The iMovie project was exported to DV tape
without incident.  Does anyone know if there is a way to check for
these errors before beginning the burning process.  If I use Toast to
burn a CD I can run a simulation first and it will find errors in files
which interfere in the burning process.

Thanks,

Doug Mitchell