[MacDV] Cross-platform Quicktime issues

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Oct 14 11:51:13 PDT 2003

We had a student here who was trying to get her quicktime clips to play on a PC
Powerpoint and had quite a bit of trouble. It worked on a Mac just fine though
and she eventually did the show from a Mac. The issues we had were converting
the QT to MPEG which normally play on PC but the version of QT we had would
only make MPEG 4's which Windows does not support yet. MPEG 3 is supported and
we were told will work on a PC and in PP. We did convert the files to AVI's and
that still didn't work for us. After this we bought Cleaner 6 which should
convert QT to any other format and vice versa. We haven't tested it however. If
you can get a hold of Cleaner that might do the trick.

Richard