[MacDV] Re: Hard drives

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Thu Oct 16 10:46:17 PDT 2003

Maybe the 10.2.8 update will help? (providing you are using OSX) I got this
from Apple:

-------10.2.8 update enhancements.........

Addresses a situation in which an external FireWire storage device would not
become available (mount) and this message would appear: "A disk attempting to
mount as 'unknown' has failed. Please use Disk Utility to check the disk."