[MacDV] Re: Video Disc capture and creation help?

Donna B blktauna at shawstudios.com
Thu Oct 16 10:06:30 PDT 2003

on 10/16/03 12:16 PM, Dr. M. Burek at mrwitch at tampabay.rr.com scripsit:

> While I do appreciate the opinions, I feel that the DV/FireWire route is
> for people who have the money and not much time, and is the "easy" way.
> I have lots of time, and not much money, so I have to do things that way.

Late to the party as always.

I've captured at 240x320 for vcds. I haven't made an SVCD yet.
Most of my chinese vcds are done at that size and since they are the prime
users, I thought that was probably the way to go. I keep the sound mono as
my shows are all mono anyhow.

I get reasonable clarity but as most of the stuff I transfer is off 20 year
old slp tape, I don't expect much. And I've done it with a 300mhz iBook so
you should be safe. I want to try iVcd but haven't had the time.

I use an XLR8 usb capture device and Strata 4.5

Donna
George, you couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery - Jack Regan

blktauna at shawstudios.com
http://blacktauna.com/slash - Tauna's slash den
http://www.shawstudios.com - Gateway to The 5 Deadly Venoms and more!