Video Disc capture and creation help?

Dr. M. Burek mrwitch at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Oct 16 09:16:44 PDT 2003

Yes, it is possible to fit more than 20 minutes on a SVCD. Especially if
the commercials are edited out, which will make a 45 to 48 minute disc.

Yes, DV is the easy way, but it costs more money and takes up more disk
space. DV isn't necessary when your source is VHS - a video tape at EP
speed is not nearly close enough to get the full capability out of DV.

The reason I asked about all of this is I wanted to know about the
SETTINGS to use on this project - from people who have done somethng
similar before, and know. If I wanted and could afford to go out and buy
$3,000 worth of equipment to do this, I wouldn't have needed to ask.

While I do appreciate the opinions, I feel that the DV/FireWire route is
for people who have the money and not much time, and is the "easy" way.
I have lots of time, and not much money, so I have to do things that way.

Sorry I asked, and sorry to bother.