[MacDV] Re: Video Disc capture and creation help?

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Thu Oct 16 07:23:06 PDT 2003

The documentation I got with Toast 6 said that it adjusts the file to
fit the media you are burning to and that smaller files will look better
than larger ones. This to me sounds like Toast 6 is adjusting the
encoding parameters to give you the best image possible.

Eric

>>> drcohen at mac.com 10/16/2003 9:53:26 AM >>>

Check out ffmpegX as a means of encoding your content. Neither iVCD
nor
Toast allow more than minimal control over the encoding parameters
(standard and high are the only settings). Burn the result with your
burning software of choice -- mine is Toast 6.

--
Dennis R. Cohen
Mac Digital Photography

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the
digest version.

 XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only
$879!