[MacDV] Flash

Carter Tomassi carter at messyoptics.com
Sat Oct 18 14:09:40 PDT 2003

>Flash movies will play in QuickTime. Although I have not tried this, I
>believe you could save in Flash. Open in QuickTime Pro.
>Richard

Richard is absolutely right. I am taking 16x9 .swf files in QT Pro
and exporting  as lossless animation. Then into After Effects,
squeezing in 720x480 and making another lossless movie. Going back in
QT Pro and exporting as MPEG-2 to load into Studio Pro and play on
plasma screens. Here's to QT Pro and iMovie, best $30 you will ever
spend.

The amazing thing is that this animation is created on computer
monitors and yet the colors look great in DVD on an NTSC monitor. I
haven't seen a side-by-side comparison of the Flash and the plasma
output but it must be close. Happily no live action skin tones are
involved.

Carter