Boris Titling Bug

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 20 05:37:30 PDT 2003

Have any of you seen this problem? I edited a video in FCE, then added
credits to the end using Boris Calligraphy Title Crawl (using the
"roll" option). Then I burned a DVD-R of the project using iDVD 3. When
I played the DVD, the video faded to black, then one frame of
stationary credits flashed up, then back to black, then the credits
started their regular roll.

First, I went back to FCE and stepped through this area one frame at a
time to see if I could cut out the offending frame. It wasn't there! I
assumed this was some kind of one time fluke, but the same thing
happened on the next DVD (of different video). Then I had occasion to
"print to tape" (yet another different video project) and the same
problem showed up again.

I've made many QuickTime movies of these same videos using different
codecs and the problem does not show up in QuickTime. Anyone seen this?
Anyone found a workaround?

Steve R.