[MacDV] Audio turn off Bug in iMovie - Any way to restore clips in trash after saving the project?

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Oct 20 06:35:40 PDT 2003

On Sunday, October 19, 2003, at 09:08  PM, Laine Lee wrote:

>  If you
> view the timeline in clips mode, obviously you don't see the audio play
> select buttons at the right of the timeline as you do in tracks mode.
> But
> the button is still sensitive to a click in the same location. So if
> you
> accidentally click the area, you could turn off the audio even though
> you
> may have never selected track view.

Arrgh! You're right. I've had that happen to me more than once and now
I know why. Most of the time I still had the original project and ended
up moving the video clips into a new iMovie project to "fix" it (losing
all of my editing). But once I had deleted the original files before
verifying the output. I don't know of any way to fix that unless you
immediately run a utility with an "unerase" feature, and you're lucky
(I wasn't).

Thanks for the heads-up!

-Mike