[MacDV] Re: Sound in

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Mon Oct 20 12:07:54 PDT 2003

On Monday, October 20, 2003, at 10:22  AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> I tried it and it didn't work.  I connected the out from my PB 867
> (which I normally hook on to the stereo system) to the in of the
> camera.  I recorded image, but no sound.
>
> Paul Moortgat

Paul I really don't understand what you are trying to do.
Your PB has analog outs? for video too?
Are you trying to tape live action and a prerecorded soundtrack at the
same time? Use the mic inputs. You'll need RCA to pin pads and a two
mono to one stereo Y plug .
Are you trying to use your camera as a VCR ? Then make sure he sound is
directed
to the cable just like when you use the stereo.