[MacDV] Re: compositing stills into movie in QT?

John mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 25 20:17:32 PDT 2003

Steven,
Have you looked at PhotoToMovie? It's available from version tracker. There
is a sample movie included with the d/l. Here is a bit of the ReadMe file:

"Photo to Movie enables you to create a movie by zooming and panning over
photos. It presents a simple interface to specify the starting and ending
key frames and generates full quality QuickTime or DV Stream files
(compatible with iMovie). Photo to Movie requires Mac OS X.

"You can use Photo to Movie to:

- Put multiple zooms/pans over multiple images together in a single movie
- Graphically select the starting and ending frames
- Select the position and zoom of the starting and ending frames
- Preview the starting and ending frames as you edit them
- Preview the entire movie during editing
- Drag desired images directly into the configuration window
- Set the length of the exported movie
- Control the path of motion using Bézier editing tools
- Control ease-in/ease-out of movement during zoom/pan
- Edit and export movies in standard (4:3) or widescreen (16:9)
- Export movies to many formats including DV and PAL"

Cheers,
John