[MacDV] iMovie 3.0.3 Problems

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Wed Oct 29 06:27:26 PST 2003

Ian Tucker <carlian at picknowl.com.au> writes:
>Any assistance, or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I capture and do most of my video (title/transitions/effects) and audio editing in iMovie2, using Slick, Virtix, and other 3rd party plug-ins.  I also use Quicktime Pro for editing some video and sound files.

When it comes time to edit the sound level portion (fine tuning audio fade-ins/fade-outs) of the movie, I open the file in iMovie3, make the necessary adjustments, and place chapter markers and then make a DVD using iDVD3.

I'm using a G4 Dual 1.25GHz, 1.25 GB RAM, with 2 internal hard drives {an 80 GB for apps and documents, and a 120 GB (captured audio/video)}.

Nothing too negative to speak about.  Sure, iMovie3 is slow when saving, etc., etc., but...

My advice is to add another 512 MB of RAM and try to use iMovie2 for some of your editing and iMovie3 for things that you cannot do in iMovie2.

hope this helps,
Fabian