[MacDV] Re: 16:9 confusion

Ryan Sutter vioman at nucleargopher.com
Thu Oct 30 20:39:02 PST 2003

I shoot stuff in camera 16:9 all the time.  If I shoot it 16:9, I never
make a full frame 4:3 version because I hate pan and scan.  I usually
edit in FCP anamorphic 16:9 and then make a 4:3 copy of the final that
has the bars built in.  It's insanely simple to do and I can't imagine
a good reason why you wouldn't except the possibility that you want the
final output to be full frame 4:3 sans bars.  In that case, don't shoot
16:9 or prepare to have to do pan and scan.  Unless you squash the 16:9
footage to make it full screen people won't look fat or weird...

Ryan