[MacDV] Re: iMovie Titles Using Photoshop

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 9 08:28:46 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 10:07 AM, Erica Sadun wrote:

> iMovie wants 4:3. It doesn't have to be 640x480.

Yeah, I really meant 640:480 and/or 720:480

> This lets you design your art in Photoshop with the same aspect that
> you'll see it on your TV.

Is there something to look at in iMovie that would make it clear why
this is so? I thought the 640x480 window in iMovie was a rendered
preview (hence all the jaggy text issues) from the underlying 720x480
media. However, since its software it doesn't necessarily have to make
sense . . .

SR