[MacDV] Re: [iMovie-List] iDVD3: encoding hack ?

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Wed Sep 10 20:44:09 PDT 2003

>  <key>Bit Rate</key>
>    <dict>
>     <key>Is modifiable</key>
>     <string>1</string>
>     <key>Max value</key>
>     <string>9800000</string>
>     <key>Min value</key>
>     <string>2000000</string>
>     <key>Order</key>
>     <string>20</string>
>     <key>Property name</key>
>     <string>Bit Rate</string>
>     <key>Property persistent name</key>
>     <string>Bit Rate</string>
>     <key>Property type</key>
>     <string>3</string>
>     <key>Value</key>
>     <string>2000000</string>
>    </dict>

" Ya, ya, that's the ticket ! "

A BIG thanks Erica !!!!

Where can I send my donation ?
And can I make an offer for any other iDVD hacks that I can extract from you ?!
I'm not writing or book or anything, just trying to make DVDs without making a financial and huge time investment in DVDSP2.
(But maybe I will when your new resource is published.)  :-)

Anyway, now if I expect the best quality from a 65 minute movie, I am assuming that I can encode at a bitrate of about 7 - 7.5 Mbps (
><key>Value</key>
>     <string>
7000000
></string>
 or

(
><key>Value</key>
>     <string>
7500000
></string>
), taking into consideration that I will be using 30 second looping audio/video in the menu (About 3-4 pages). N'est-ce pas?!

If I didn't have a full time job or a house to renovate, I just might have some time to test this myself.