TV card question

Dr. M. Burek mrwitch at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Sep 12 22:26:34 PDT 2003

I have a iXMicro TV card coming to the house in the next few days. I've
been looking for a PCI card that I could use in a Mac that I could
afford for a while, now. I am happy enough with just a TV card, but I'd
like to know if this card can also be used for video capture from an
analog source. Sorry, I don't know right now what model he's sending me,
but I do know it has a Brooktree bt848 chipset in it. Apparently, it was
quite popular a couple years ago (pre - OS X), so there are quite a few
around still being used. The guy I am getting it from never used it, so
he didn't know anything about it or what it could do - otherwise I would
not ask the list...

I did notice a site on SourceForge with a group that is/was developing
OS X drivers for bt848 based cards. Are these worth the download? Anyone
have any experience with them? Anything special I need to do to use them?

Thanks in advance to the list for any useful info. If it is necessary,
when I get the card in the next few days I'll look at it and try to get
it's particulars, to help y'all help me a little better.

Michael