[MacDV] Re: QuickTime Options

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 15 14:02:54 PDT 2003

On Sunday, September 14, 2003, at 08:06  AM, Steve Robertson wrote:
> But the fact remains that the Sorenson 3 version has problems that the
> default "DSL/Cable High" version does not. The problems seem to show
> up the worst when slowly zooming in or out on a scene- especially
> faces. I'll ask the artist if I can upload these to my .Mac account so
> all of you can see the problem.

OK, I got permission to upload samples of this music video. I extracted
the video track and chose a small segment that demonstrates the
problem. For the default FCE DSL/Cable Hi sample:

http://homepage.mac.com/fiddlin2/iMovieTheater3.html

For the Sorenson 3 sample:

http://homepage.mac.com/fiddlin2/iMovieTheater4.html

The audio track is an early mix- missing several instruments,
background vocals, etc. Having said that, If you have broadband, watch
the whole video rough cut here:

http://homepage.mac.com/fiddlin2/iMovieTheater1.html

56K modem users:

http://homepage.mac.com/fiddlin2/iMovieTheater2.html