[MacDV] Re: Panasonic AG-EZ50

Selander Timothy selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Mon Sep 22 16:37:38 PDT 2003

> >>the AG-EZ50. It's a nice 3 chipper with 1/3" ccds
>
> I think it has 1/5" ccds (dont 3-chip 1/3' ccd DVCams still come with a
> heftier pricetag?)
>
> PJ

I stand corrected. The camera I have is called the EZ30 in the US, not
the EZ50. The EZ50 is a newer camera with 1/6" chips. The newer still
PVDV953 also has 1/6" chips, but has a host of other really nice
features and is a lot of bang for the buck. The MX3000 was only sold in
Europe and Japan, but developed something of a cult following and lots
of folk from the US bought the Japanese version of the camera. They were
willing to put up with Japanese menus and button labels in return for
1/3" ccds and simply excellent picture quality.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan