Sony info lithium system

Simon Briggs stagsimon at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 17:49:47 PDT 2003

Any one out there using a Sony digital 8 with info lithium system with
this problem....

one of my 2 batteries appeared to crap out, when installed in the
camera almost immediately came up as a low battery warning.
No problem, so I put in the other and... same thing...
charged them both, one on the camera and one in the 2nd charger I
bought.
Same thing.
swapped them over in the chargers...
same thing.
getting ticked off here, measured voltage with multimeter, one reads
open circuit (the expensive NP550 I bought last year) and the original
reads fully charged (NP330 that came with camera 3 years ago).
Tried replacing the 2025 battery in the camera...
Same problem?

any ideas?

Simon Briggs
(sony's rock...except when they don't work :-(