[MacDV] Sony info lithium system

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Mon Sep 22 17:59:34 PDT 2003

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 08:49  PM, Simon Briggs wrote:

> Any one out there using a Sony digital 8 with info lithium system with
> this problem....
>
> one of my 2 batteries appeared to crap out, when installed in the
> camera almost immediately came up as a low battery warning.
> No problem, so I put in the other and... same thing...
> charged them both, one on the camera and one in the 2nd charger I
> bought.
> Same thing.
> swapped them over in the chargers...
> same thing.
> getting ticked off here, measured voltage with multimeter, one reads
> open circuit (the expensive NP550 I bought last year) and the original
> reads fully charged (NP330 that came with camera 3 years ago).
> Tried replacing the 2025 battery in the camera...
> Same problem?
>
> any ideas?
>
> Simon Briggs
> (sony's rock...except when they don't work :-(

I had a couple that would die quick.
  I used them on a sony light. and I also kept turning them on and left
them on the camera t o
drain them and then overnight charged them. . One came back one I'm not
sure of and one is dead and won't charge at all.
I suspect that for the most part either with too much or too little use
these batterues wear out quick and working them and charging them hot
may also shorten the life.
Somettimes sony will replace the 550's.
Jim