[MacDV] mini-disc import

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Wed Sep 24 09:59:27 PDT 2003

These are analog inputs I believe? I have a Sony MD but what I was wondering is
there a way to import the digital signal directly? There is an optical input
with a barely Mac compatible USB device supplied but I don't think there is an
optical/digital output?

thanx

Richard

Quoting Malcolm Hamilton <malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca>:

> I'm following this thread.  Have downloaded Audio In.  Question:  how
> do I connect the Sony mini-disc (MZ-B100) to my Titanium powerbook?
> There's no line-in that I can see.
> Any suggestions?
> thanks,
> Malcolm

I think you'll have to get a USB audio input device. One end plugs into a USB
port and the other has regular audio inputs. I think MacAlly makes one.