mini-disc import, cont'd.

Malcolm Hamilton malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca
Wed Sep 24 10:50:42 PDT 2003

Hello again,
I've just asked (prev. post) if there's a way to get a line-in to a
early-model powerbook.
Here's another related question:  I also have a desktop G4, that does
have a line in, so I can connect the sony mini-disc player nicely.
But when I try to record from this mini-disc player, while in Avid
Xpress DV, I get a message saying 'The selected audio input device
does not support a 48000 sample rate.  You must change the project
sample rate to capture from this source'.

What do I do? Is there some software out there that will let me
record from mini-disc into Xpress DV, or from mini-disc onto my hard
drive (and then import into Xpress)?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Malcolm