[MacDV] mini-disc import, cont'd.

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Wed Sep 24 11:10:04 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 01:50  PM, Malcolm Hamilton wrote:

> Hello again,
> I've just asked (prev. post) if there's a way to get a line-in to a
> early-model powerbook.
> Here's another related question:  I also have a desktop G4, that does
> have a line in, so I can connect the sony mini-disc player nicely.
> But when I try to record from this mini-disc player, while in Avid
> Xpress DV, I get a message saying 'The selected audio input device
> does not support a 48000 sample rate.  You must change the project
> sample rate to capture from this source'.
>
> What do I do? Is there some software out there that will let me record
> from mini-disc into Xpress DV, or from mini-disc onto my hard drive
> (and then import into Xpress)?
> Any advice would be appreciated.
> Malcolm

If that is an analog line in then there is no sample rate there.
But your software may not  be able to sample 48k from that port
  Do what it says go through your prefs in the software and change your
project to 44.1k or whatever. (also if it came w/ an optical-USB
interface then there is an optical out on it somewhere)
Jim