[MacDV] Video In

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Fri Sep 26 11:47:38 PDT 2003

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 02:39  PM, Jamie Saunders/Montani
Media wrote:

> I have an old Roland rack-mount sampling/sequencer. I plan on using
> this with my band, sequencing a few songs from my ibook/500. the only
> problem: the sampler has composite (rca) video out to a tv or display,
> which happens to be the only way you can operate the sampler.
>
> Is there a USB or FW product that can let me use the ibook for a
> "display" for my sampler? My TV is too big to put on stage. I know
> there is the USB VideoBus II, but what i need to do is "monitor," or
> see what my sampler is displaying, and not to record. I'm afraid that
> tying-up the ibook for video record would be too hard on the
> processor, when all i want to do is watch my sampler's video in full
> screen.

You''re going to want to visit a pawn shop or second hand store.
Get a cheapo TV and even a game adapter if it's so old it doesn't have
an RCA or if you are lucky a VGA type monitor with BNC connectors on
the back (NEC) that would bbe doubly useful. Then get used to dragging
it.

Jim