no audio post

D. Metzler List Mail dmlm at mail.sis.pitt.edu
Tue Sep 30 07:13:20 PDT 2003

I'm sorry, please ignore my post yesterday re no audio.
It turned out that the problem was with the play back
system, the DVD disk was fine.  So to atone for that
mistaken post, I can offer the following information
that might be useful to another beginner.  It is OK
to capture video via a firewire running through an external
firewire HD which is capturing the video.  In other words,
firewire is fast enough in practice, not just theory, to
carry the raw data in both directions at the same time,
even with a slow 5700rpm 2M cache HD, and a 500M
powerbook.
Again, my apologies for the mistaken post.
Doug