[MacDV] Re: Video In

Benjamin Ing vbing at mac.com
Mon Sep 29 13:55:59 PDT 2003

You can probably use one of the USB TV adapter if you really want to
just use the iBook as a monitor. I use an elGato eyeTV, but that is
probably overkill for what you need. There is a company called
Hauppauge Computer Works that has a company called Eskape Labs that
makes the MyTV converter boxes for the Mac. The quality is not very
good on the tuners, which is why I went with the eyeTV, but for your
purpose, they may work well. FWIW, you can probably buy the Windows
hardware sold as WinTV and download the software off of the Eskape Labs
website for the Mac.

Something to experiment with if you want to take the time and can find
a retail store with a liberal return policy.