[MacDV] Re: Do I buy this G4?--MacDV Digest #2656

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Apr 2 08:00:50 PST 2004

>If you're going to spend that kind of money, why not look at a brand new eMac.
>
>The base model is around $794 at many retailers, but is probably
>lower for students.

You know this is *FAR* better advice than the rest of us have given.
Especially the part I cut out about the high end eMac.  With the
student discount even it's likely to be cheaper than the used model
he's looking at.  Which isn't to say that a better deal can't be
found on a used tower.

Another thing to consider if he wants better than iMovie and iDVD, he
should be able to get Final Cut and DVDSP considerably cheaper on a
student discount.

			Zane