external mic

Spud0812 at aol.com Spud0812 at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 20:26:09 PST 2004

Hi everyone,
   I have a dilemma....I have been asked to work on a low budget video
production in France this July...I own a Canon GL1 and have access to a GL2 at my
day job. What is a good quality external shotgun or wireless system that will
work with my GL1? Is there something that will work with the hotshoe mount on
the GL1? At work we have been using the MA-300 and Sennheiser systems (ME-66
shotgun and wireless) but the GL1 doesn't support the MA-300.
   What is dependable and works well for you? Also..are there issues with
frequencies and wireless systems I should be aware of in France?
Thanks so much!
Vikki