[MacDV] Re: Sony TRV-900 audio dropouts

Ron gMedia.DV at verizon.net
Wed Apr 7 14:41:50 PDT 2004

They only charged me somewhere around $26 to tell me everything that was
wrong with the one I had. But mine was having major video dropouts and
blockiness and it needed drums and that would have cost around $700 to fix.
The camera wasn't worth putting that much in to so I sold it on ebay as is.

Others are correct about the ribbon to the viewfinder being notorious for
going bad. A simple and relatively cheap fix. I have even seen instructions
for doing it yourself. These cameras have been iron workhorses ever since
they came out.

Good Luck!
Ron--