[MacDV] Re: LaCie Big Disk 500gb 7200RPM Firewire 800

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Wed Apr 7 21:43:45 PDT 2004

I've never had good luck with Silverlining -- I use Intech's Hard Disk
Speed Tools for all my 3rd-party drives that won't format with Apple's
own Drive Setup utility under OS 9.  If I'm on a machine that will run
OS X, I'll boot into OS X and use Disk Utility to format the drive and
check the box to install the Mac OS 9 drivers.

2 cents.

- Mark