LaCie Big Disk & La Cie CD writer

Paul Knight paul.knight at internet.co.nz
Wed Apr 14 22:03:02 PDT 2004

This information might be useful to someone following on from the
recent discussion about  LaCie 500GB disks:

I have for the first time  since buying the 500GB disk, tried to burn
a CD on  a LaCie CD burner ( with Toast 5.2.1.)  I found that on
plugging in the CD burner, the computer (G4 - OS9.2.2) would un-mount
everything on the desktop and freeze, or, after starting-up with the
CD burner plugged in, it would freeze immediately after desktop icons
appeared for an instant and then disappeared.

I eventually solved the problem by switching off Silver Lining Pro
Control Panel and the two LaCie extensions which were installed with
the LaCie Big Disk.  I suspect it was the latter two which were the
culprit.
Cheers all.
--
from Paul Knight