[MacDV] 350MHz G4 and suggestions

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Thu Apr 15 15:39:46 PDT 2004

On Thursday, Apr 15, 2004, at 20:37 Europe/London, Ted Langdell wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> I'd recommend spending the thousand dollars on a 1GHZ G4eMac.
>
> It COMES with a superdrive, and all the latest software.  The SPEED of
> the processor will really make a difference compared to your 350 MHZ
> machine.  Load it with a Gig of RAM... and you're set for a while.
>
> Mine is working fine for using FCP4 and burning DVD's via iDVD.  iDVD
> comes with the package! :)

Seconded, and in fact the eMac's just been upgraded to 1.25 GHz and
also had the price cut $100 to $899 (less with Education discount).
I had one of the more expensive 1 GHz eMacs delivered to school just a
few days ago. I had hoped it would stay top of the range for at least a
week! C'est la iVie.

Colin McDonald