[MacDV] Re: iMovie / iDVD pixelation & noise

pwintink at ab.bluecross.ca pwintink at ab.bluecross.ca
Fri Apr 16 10:23:50 PDT 2004

Hi everyone:

Thanks for the comments on my original posting -- here's the update. I
burned a couple more DVDs and there was no background noise; the photos are
still a bit rough and the sound fluctuates a bit, but my group thought it
was ok. However, the client saw it yesterday and isn't satisfied with the
quality. We're using a new state-of-the-art LCD projector, so the equipment
isn't the problem. However, the IT group (who "know nothing about Macs")
think it might be the software (iMovie and iDVD) doesn't render as well as
professional software such as Pinnacle Express. And that I'm using Quicktime
movies. Eeeep! So we're sending the DVD to a production house for advice on
improving the quality. If there's anything helpful, I'll share it.

Paula